Monday, November 2, 2009

Women Gathering

On Sunday, I gathered together with a group of friends to scrapbook and papercraft. We used to meet every week or so at our local scrapbook store, Luna's Memories. Unfortunately, the shop closed its doors last spring, and we have all missed our regular gatherings. So, after summer ended and the fall got up and running, we recommitted to gathering again. I worked on Christmas cards and made 40 of them! We also talked, laughed, ate, teared up and reminisced. I love creating with a group of women - whether it's mixed media art, scrapbook pages, cards or anything else. The energy and camaraderie always makes me feel good.

This month I am also starting a class on "blogging for scrapbookers." It's a different kind of gathering, but a gathering none the less. In the class, I look forward to blogging everyday - using my blog to catalog my art and connect with other artists. I also hope to learn how to use the various bells and whistles to make it a nicer place to visit. I know that I will learn and receive creative energy from the other women who are gathering for Shimelle's class. I look forward to spending time with all of you.

8 comments:

Elizabeth said...

It's sad when another scrapbook store closes its doors. I miss the friends I made when our local store closed.

I'm hoping to achieve some of the same goals as you in Shimelle's class.

Jen said...

Lovely cards!! I too love the community feel of Shims classes - and I am looking forward to be in class with you.

scrappyjacky said...

Our scrapbook shop also closed....and now I crop once a week with a couple of friends....Ilove the inspiration I get from them....and it's much more fun than on my own.

Lauren said...

BEAUTIFUL christmas cards! 40 already!? Wow! I better get a move on! ;)

Meghann Andrew said...

Love your Christmas cards! I wish I was that far ahead of the game!
(Also love your FLW quote. He is a personal fav of mine =)

Kim Winter said...

love the cards! I need to make some for Christmas, but will probably run out of time to get them finished....

Denise said...

Thanks to Shimelle's class I have found your lovely blog - beautiful work.:-)

Suzanne said...

pretty pretty!
i'm having a crafty day with some coworkers tomorrow - so excited!