Wednesday, March 10, 2010

4-in-1 Layout

I seem to have found my scrapbooking mojo again!  This layout has been percolating in my head for a while.  It's about the trip to San Francisco I took with the kids during the holidays.  I was inspired by four different challenges in completing this layout:


  • for Shimelle's Something for Nothing class, I dug out and used a lot of metal embellishments - 13 brads and 8 metal framers;
  • for Scrap Weekly, I wrote my journaling first to make sure that I told the complete story without running out of room (you can see the original challenge prompt here);
  • for the Building Pages class, I worked on a lesson about using circles; and
  • for a Club Scrap challenge, I used their December kit called Ornamental.
I really like the layout and love completing challenges!  It looks a lot better in real life or even if you click to enlarge it.

14 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

The colours in the kit work so well with your photos,Rinda...as do the circles.
I never write the journaling first...and that is a technique I should definately try.
Love the pages.

Amy said...

I agree with Jacky - the colours look great with your photos. Thanks for the quote suggestion on Shimelle's forum - it is actually one that I have on our fridge!

helena said...

I always find circles hard to use well -these look great and I like the connection to the circles in the photo

debs14 said...

The circles work so well in these layouts and how clever to manage to incorporate a few challenges into one design!

Lizzie said...

Really nice, Rinda! Amazing that you have managed to use four different challenges to create one layout - and it has worked so well.
Love the colours and the circles.

Sian said...

It looks fabulous enlarged :) Really vibrant and exciting. I'm impressed with the number of brads you managed to get on there too!

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

What a great double layout you've made! Love the colors and composition here. :o) And great job combining all those challenges into one!

Elizabeth said...

Love how colorful your layout is. I usually have journaling finished before I start the layout. I find that challenges give me the incentive to get layouts done. I guess I need that kick start!

humel said...

That's a lot of metal! Lovely layout :-) I like completing challenges too lol...

furrypig said...

That is a real eyecatching LO. The way you have used circle on the paper bring out the circles in the photos perfectly!

Anonymous said...

lovely, Rinda :)

Unknown said...

Well done! It looks great.

Cheryl said...

I think I need to pull out some metal and use it. Great job!

Anonymous said...

Lots of good uses of the metal in both this post and the next one. I really like how you used the brads to hold the journaling pages together.