Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Fun with Page Protectors

I've enjoyed using up some items from my stash in Shimelle's Something from (almost) Nothing class.  I have to admit that I was a little skeptical about the prompt to use page protectors because I don't think of them as something I need to use up. I'm always happy to have them.
But, I changed my mind when I found a stash of 3-hole punched page protectors with various size pockets.  Not what I normally use at all.  Not even sure where I got them! They actually are something in my stash I'm happy to use up.  So, I cut out one of the pockets from a page protector, closed up the sides with artist tape, and used it to hold this adorable photo strip that DH and DS took at a music festival photo booth.  I love how it turned out, and I'll be creating many more pockets to use on my layouts!  
All materials from Club Scrap. This layout also meets the challenge at ScrapWeekly!

11 comments:

debs14 said...

Great page! This was actually a fun one to do wasn't it? I love the strip of photos, not something you see too often over here nowadays. But when I was at school, my friends and I used to love messing about in photo booths. Hmmm wonder where all those photos went? ;-)

Amy said...

I love the pocket idea and this page is a great one, the photos, your journaling and the fabulous pictures ... a great moment between the two of them!

SarahLP said...

Great page! I haven't managed anything with page protectors yet, but your page has given me an idea!

Sian said...

Page protectors are actually pretty expensive over here, so I've never thought of them as something to use up either. In fact I usually put off buying them until I really need them. This is such a great page. Makes me want to run out and find a photo booth!

sharyncarlson said...

I agree - page protectors are not something I normally think of needing to use up. Great job coming up with an idea for this prompt! I love the pocket and the photostrip is so fun. Great color combo, too!

scrappyjacky said...

Love the way you've used the filmstrip...the whole page looks great.I don't actually have any spare page protectors....so probably won't do this prompt.

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Nice...two challenges in one. I love the layout and that teal colored background!

Crafting Queen said...

Great idea and lovely page. Anesha

humel said...

It's a lovely page :-) Great way to use the page protector! x

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Fun looking page!

The Scrappy Tree said...

Good use of the page protectors! Love the colours you chose :)