Sunday, March 7, 2010

I love this photo

"Mom, would you stop taking my picture?"
No, son, I won't.
Because occasionally I take a picture that makes my heart skip a beat when I look at it. Like the team photo for your high school baseball team below. It's not a great technical photo, but when I look at it, I see you and all those boys you've been playing ball with since you were five years old. And my heart skips a beat because suddenly, you look like young men.  And it hits me that you're really in High School. Really. And you're all growing up.  And I love you so much and want so much for you to grow up to be a good man and to be happy.
That's what happens sometimes when I look at the photos I take of you. So, no, I'm not going to stop taking your picture any time soon.
Deal with it.

15 comments:

Amy said...

:-)
Yes! Yes! Yes!
Better they learn to deal with it soon!

Anonymous said...

I does take awhile, but they do learn to deal with it most of the time! I love the single photo of your son. What a great expression on his face--and what a handsome young man!

Sian said...

He looks like such a fine young man and with you as his mum, he's going to grow up to be a good one too. It slips by so fast!

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

LOL - he'll thank you someday for all the pictures you're taking now!

Great shot of your son, and the team!

Mommy2CVC said...

LOL! I love it! It does go by so quickly. Too quickly! Keep taking all the pictures you can!!!

scrappyjacky said...

When little mine used to pose as soon as they saw a camera....now sadly they tend to run in the opposite direction!!!

Elizabeth said...

You are just a proud mama and your son just has to put up with that. By the way, he is a cutey!

Lizzie said...

I have the same problem. Trying to take photos yesterday, at the river. I got lots of J's back... not many of his face - or they had silly expressions. It can be hard work, but that one great shot is worth all the effort.

Those are good photos you have posted. What a great group of young men.. a special photo, since you've known them all so long. I see less of J's Lower School class now that they're all in Middle School, but when I do, it's great to see how they are all growing.

Your son really does look like a "young man". He's very handsome too.

Anonymous said...

hahahaha... i can absolutely hear you saying that to him...

Mariana

Sonja said...

What great photos and such a handsome son! Keep snapping away and sharing with us! :)

humel said...

What a beautiful, heart-warming post - and great photos xx

cheryl said...

hey he 'll live !They are nice pitures and while you can you might as well take as many as possib;e

sharyncarlson said...

Awwww :) Great post!!

Julie Shoemaker said...

Great post Rinda...someday he may actually understand.

Moments Captured said...

AMEN to that!!!!!! The sooner our kids accept that the easier it will be for them and us! :-) Yes, he is definitely growing up into a fine young man!!!