Thursday, March 11, 2010

More Metal

I'm continuing to dig through my metal stash as part of Shimelle's class "Something for Almost Nothing." I feel a little bit like I'm playing scrabble and trying to get as many points as possible,but I'm thrilled that I used 15 pieces of metal on this layout, including some truly ancient supplies.  The metal circle letters and metal rimmed tags have been with me for years! The metal faces and phrases were an RAK.  I even used a library pocket!
And here's the companion layout, with 13 pieces of metal!  Thanks for looking.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Great LOs. I have just signed up too so off to look out all my bits of metal!

helena said...

love the idea of you approaching it like scrabble with the needs to maximise points - great layouts

humel said...

lol at the scrabble mentality!! I know exactly what you mean! Do I get a double word score for making my layout fit two classes at once?! Love the mixture of letters x

scrappyjacky said...

Also know what you mean about Scrabble!!!
Amazing how much metal everyone seems to have. Love these LOs...and again your colours are perfect.
And as you were the only one to manage an LO from my sketch...a scrappy prize and 2 cards will soon be winging their way to you!

Amy said...

You are on a roll! Feels great to use all of the supplies and get a few stories down doesn't it?

Cheryl said...

Wonderful pages! I love the idea of using metal.

furrypig said...

the metal bits you have chosen so work with your theme! they llok like bullets or bullet holes fab with the game vibe!

sharyncarlson said...

Great layouts, Rinda! Those little metal alphabets are so much fun. And I love what you said about playing Scrabble for point. Great way to describe the feeling! LOL :)

The Scrappy Tree said...

Loving the way you embellished these pages!