Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Haute Couture

The Gingersnap Creations Challenge Blog is one of my favorite places because of the way they run their challenges.  Each month has a theme, and they start the month with a theme-based challenge.  Later in the month, they run a supply-based challenge, a color-based challenge and a random challenge.  As a Guest Artist, I will be submitting artwork for each challenge, and I invite you to join me!  Each of the challenges is open for a full month, so there's lots of times for inspiration to strike, but, with a new challenge going up weekly, it also feels like there's something fresh going on.
This month's theme is sewing, and the first theme-based challenge is "Haute Couture" or high fashion.  I made this art journal page, featuring a scraped, painted background and one of my favorite fashion images.  The journaling reads "Antlers are all the rage on the runways this year."  Do you follow fashion? I have to admit that I love the photography and model aspect of fashion more than the clothing aspect. But my biggest confession is that I love all those reality TV shows that have to do with fashion:  Project Runway; The Fashion Show; America's Next Top Model.  Through Project Runway, I discovered a very funny fashion blog run by two Gay men named Tom and Lorenzo. Their blog reviews all kinds of fashion and a fair number of TV shows.  It's definitely on my google reader.

9 comments:

Amy said...

I am certainly not a fashionista, but a little like you, I enjoy the photography!

Sian said...

I've always loved clothes. I've only recently stopped buying Vogue and I have a big collection of old copies. I'm reading a new book about Chanel at the minute too.

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Carrie and I LOVE Project Runway! I'll have to check out Tom and Lorenzo's blog...

debs14 said...

My daughter is the fashionista in our household, some of those fashions really are only for the young! I love how all the old trends come back eventually with a slightly different twist to them.
Great picture that you have used!

humel said...

America's Next Top Model is my guilty pleasure.... I do find the photography aspect really interesting, but in truth I'm addicted to it as a reality show!

Love your page, the background is really effective xx

Becky said...

Sorry, fashion programmes don't interest me at all! However, love what you have done with this art journal page :)

alexa said...

Love your antlers comment! Thanks for the info about the challenges, and off to check them out ...

laurie said...

i am always amused by what is new in the fashion world. your page is a great backdrop to the unconventional outfit in the photo. my dad in montana has a whole basement full of antlers so just let me know if you'd like to try this someday!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic journal page! I love the image you chose and your background is wonderful!