Monday, August 15, 2011

Out of the Journal Canvas Challenge: Week #2

Dina Wakley is running a challenge this month to get art journalers to work on canvas or other surfaces (anything outside your art journal). The goal is to workon two canvases each week.  I started two canvases last week and thought I had left an autopost with them, but it didn't work out. So, a little late, here are my two canvases. The one up top is actually two canvases - a 12x12 painted black, with red and yellow circles (plus drips), and a small yellow canvas that I will attach to the front. I definitely got that idea after taking Tim Holtz' Creative Block class. I plan to add a few more yellow splatters and some teal stars to the background.
And this is my second "canvas." It's actually plaster. I added lots of texture and acrylic paint, plus some grunge board and a photograph I took of a butterfly. I was going to call it done, but then I saw this fabulous creation at the Altered Bits blog, and have now decided I want to add A LOT more stuff.
So, sorry these are late. Hopefully they'll still go into the challenge drawing. I've got my next canvas started and an idea for another this week.

11 comments:

Amy said...

Gosh, don't worry about being late - we wouldn't even know if you hadn't of said!
I checked that link - my goodness, what a tresure trove it is ... I look forward to seeing what you add!

scrappyjacky said...

Love that second canvas, Rinda ...amazing texture...and can't wait to see what else you add. Am off to check out that link.

Sian said...

I'm another one who is intrigued to see what you add

Margi said...

I can't wait to see what you add Rinda to bring them to life. I especially love the second canvas, that texture is amazing!

laurie said...

it is so fun to paint on canvas for a change! i love the striking impact your first work has - simple but effective.

debs14 said...

Got to say that my favourite is the second one, I love all the texture you have put onto it.

Maria@BubblegumandDuctTape said...

they are really nice, I love to work with acrylic paint. What a cool idea for the top one where you used a smaller canvas on top of the bigger one, very cool, I like that.

Beverly said...

I love the color, texture and current design of the second one, look forward to seeing it when finished.

Anonymous said...

I really like the second one, I like the first too but am really interested in what you are going to add to the second one.

Carola Bartz said...

These are both stunning, and I especially like the second one because of its happy color and its texture. Such great work, Rinda!

Cheryl said...

love your second canvas what amazing texture and looking forward to what you are going to add next x