Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Ten on the Tenth: The Irish Coast

Sharing ten of my favorite photos from our trip to Ireland.  Up first, five shots of Inis Mor, one of the Aran Islands off the west coast of Ireland.
As much as I love Celtic crosses, wide open skies, gorgeous ruins and stone walls running to the sea, I think my favorite of the bunch is this hurling equipment outside the local Spar market. It captures the way that Gaelic traditions continue in this part of the world. What's your favorite of this group?
Next up, my five favorites from the northern coast of Northern Ireland.
A fishing village near Larne.
A view from near the Carrick a Rede Rope Bridge in Antrim. And three from the Giant's Causeway:
Got a favorite here? I can't decide between the fishing boats and the one of Paul and Clara walking in this amazing landscape. I'm linking up to Shimelle's Ten on the Tenth. You can see more groups of ten by clicking here.

26 comments:

Kirsty.A said...

Beautiful. would love to visit Ireland

Elizabeth said...

The countryside is so beautiful, but my favorite would be the rocks. They just look so strange.

Irene said...

Wonderful photographs. So evocative of Northern Ireland.
I love the hurling stick and ball. What a crazy place to find them.

Cheri said...

No particular favorites - just makes me want to visit and see for myself!

Melissa said...

I like the hurling equipment the best even before I read your comment & I like the fishing boats because of the little pops of color.

Anonymous said...

Looks beautiful!!

Sue Althouse said...

Beautiful photos! Visiting Ireland is definitely on our Bucket List.

Jennifer Grace said...

Ooh! I love the shot of all the ruined walls under the vast sky, and the one of Paul and Clara at the giants causeway - this place is on my bucket list of places to visit! x

Becky said...

I honestly can't choose a favourite - they are all superb photos x

GlorV1 said...

Oh how wonderful. They all look great. Thanks for sharing.

Karen said...

What gorgeous country!

Cheryl said...

Oh my goodness, how beautiful! I want to go!

Beverly said...

I think in both sets my favorite is the last one, just love the photo of Henry :)

Jane said...

I like the clouds in the top photo and the fishing village one x

Alison said...

Love the hurling equipment, and the pic of Henry!
Alison xx

scrappyjacky said...

The giant's causeway is amazing.

Jak said...

Beautiful photos of a beautiful country x

debs14 said...

The clouds in the first picture are just so atmospheric, I love it. Of the second batch I think the Giant's Causeway is my fave!

CoventryAnn said...

Great photos, the ones of N Ireland bring back great memories.

Anonymous said...

You lucky person! I only live a few hours away from Ireland but haven't seen any of these things!Thanks for the comment on my blog :)

Linda said...

great photos! Glad you had such a lovely time in Ireland. I haven't been there yet:)

Nathalie said...

I loved discovering the parts you visited through your photos! The #3 is my fave on the first lot and I can't pick a fave on the second part, such beautiful scenery! It reminds me a bit of Iceland which I have visited.

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Wow - Giant's Causeway? I've never seen anything like it - it's amazing! Great idea for 10 on the 10th, Rinda. I loved seeing these gorgeous photos!

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

beautiful photos!

Ginger said...

these are beautiful Rinda!! love the cloud photo and a lovely show of the countryside :)

laurie said...

my favorite is the first photo - the clouds lead the eye right down to the subject. however, they are all beautiful and stir the wanderlust in us all!