Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Attitude of Gratitude {6}

Time for my penultimate posting of pages from my November Attitude of Gratitude journal. To see my earlier pages and to learn more about my journal, click on the "gratitude" label at the bottom of this post. These first two pages, up top, offer very general statements of gratitude - I am grateful for those I love, those who love me, and those people who make me happy.  The quote on the left hand side of the page comes from Bernice's Attitude of Gratitude challenge blog, Day 25. The page on the right hand side was inspired by my friend Deb's blog post from last Friday.  You can see her version here. I fell in love with her quote from Marcel Proust ("Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.") and knew I wanted to use it in my journal. 
The second set of pages for today discuss very specific things for which I am grateful:
The page on the left is from Day 24 of Bernice's Challenge Blog - Photography. I used her quote "When people look at my pictures, I want them to feel the way they do when they want to read a line of a poem twice." - Robert Frank. The page features two photographs I took, one in Venice and one in Budapest. As my journaling says, photography has brought me so many blessings, and I am grateful for all of them.  The page on the right is a variation of her Day 28 prompt - Seasons. I wrote about how grateful I am for the various sports seasons which my family enjoys! Washi tape and faux stitching were two techniques she featured on her blog this month, and I used them on these two pages.
I've only got one page left in my journal! I know I'll find an inspiring prompt in the next few days to finish it up. Did you do a gratitude project this month? If so, are you almost done?  And for everyone, let me know if anything here catches your eye.  I love comments!

8 comments:

~*~Patty S said...

I could not agree more about photography and cannot imagine my life without my camera and my family and my friends and of course not in that order!

Your pages beginning with the background color speak of Love...thoughtfulness and kindness Rinda

there truly is so much to be grateful for each and every day of this life!
oxo

Amy said...

I am another to agree about the photography comment.
This album has been an absolute pleasure to view unfolding and evolving - I've enjoyed every single post and page!

*jean* said...

i agree, my camera is a blessing to me as well...it's like the magic eye of my life...and what an accomplishment to be almost done with your journal and all the wonderful contemplations of a new one! your pages are beautiful

Cheri said...

So let me be another in the list of people who totally agree with your comment about photography and the blessings it brings to us! And I really like the way you used the messy heart with the word "love" in it to highlight the "love is the only reality" quote.

Karen said...

I'm an early commenter, and even so, the earlier ones have taken my sentiment about the photography quote. I'm working on finding the rest of the photos I need for my Gratitude Journal. Not much time for taking photos recently.

alexa said...

I love that overlapping photo on the left with the shading/paint around it? The transparent effect is lovely...

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

I love your pages, Rinda, and also the photos of your angels. :o) Glad you liked the quote well enough to use it in your journal. It's a cool one, isn't it?

{{{hugs}}}

Sian said...

it's lovely to see something which I enjoyed on one of my friends blogs being used so creatively on another!