Thursday, February 19, 2015

2010 Chronological Album - Scrapbooking with Premade Pages

This month I'm focusing on getting some scrapbooking done. Over the weekend, I completed the last few layouts that were missing from my 2010 chronological album. The layout on the left was the one I put together as the first page for my album and the one on the right is Clara's 7th grade school picture (which will be the last page in the album). I also made these pages:
The bottom layout is Clara's last season on the swim team. The top layout is one that features views up and down my street and photos from our back yard. I wasn't planning to scrap these photos, but I had an extra page and thought it would be good to be able to look back on these years from now.
It was very easy to scrap these pages because I have a big bin of pre-made base pages and bags of home-made embellishments in my stash. All the pages (except the swim pages) were in my premade bin. All I added were the photos, journaling and titles. It makes scrapping go much faster, and I'm happy with the final pages.

9 comments:

Eileen T said...

Wow, you are certainly making good progress on catching up with the scrapbooking. I like your idea of photographing the neighbourhood and think I'll do something similar for myself.

JO SOWERBY said...

I love all the colour you've chosen and my how your daughter has grown up already. Such a great achievement in scrapbooking to fill those pages in
Jo xxx

Karen said...

I love the idea of a neighborhood page! When it gets nicer, I think I'll add one of those to my Project Life album.

alexa said...

Great idea to include photos of where you live as it is now. I often think how fascinating it is to record changes in the everyday ... You are steaming ahead here!

Sian said...

You are indeed making excellent progress. I like your system and the ides of spending a day pre-making pages without thinking about "the rest of it" sounds very relaxing

Missus Wookie said...

I like the brightness of the colours in these pages. Fun idea to make up all the pages before hand - something that Club Scrap always recommended too.

Becky said...

What a great idea to scrap photos of your neighbourhood.

Melissa said...

Great use of those pre-made pages - they look like they were just made for your photos!

Anonymous said...

I like that idea of a neighbourhood page. Wishing know I'd taken some photos from when we first moved in here in 1986. It would be really neat to see the changes as then the houses were still being built and there wasn't a tree in sight except for the greenbelt down the street.