Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Art Journaling on a Large Scale

"Throw me to the wolves"
One of my art journals is an old road atlas. It is BIG, and it has taken me a while to figure out how to best create on this larger scale. For this page, I used a really large image and one of my favorite affirmations.
Advice at 50
And for this page, I followed the underlying grid of the atlas to create different cells full of advice to myself at 50. It has been fun to create art journal pages on different scales.

5 comments:

Sian said...

I have an old road atlas I tear maps out of, so I can imagine the size and scale of this..I bet it feels wonderful to flip through, with that texture and colour on the larger scale

Lou said...

and what a marvellous job you've made of it too. Its lovely x

Karen said...

What a wonderful format for art journaling!

Beverly said...

I absolutely love both of these pages! I think a large book of this sort may be going on my list ;)

alexa said...

What a splendid quote - I can see why you like it and it's new to me. Gosh, yes, you can get such a lot on a big page. I love the golden feel of that second one especially.