Monday, January 18, 2016

Memorandum Monday x2!

Happy Monday Morning! Isn't this a beautiful view? It's taken from the top of Thomas Mountain, a peak I hiked for the first time this weekend. And that makes it a perfect topic for Sian's new meme "Memorandum Monday," The meme is an opportunity to share something you've done for the first time ever over the weekend. I am visiting my sister in Southern California, and we love to hike the mountains when we get here. But this is the first time up this trail. It's amazing to me how many different routes there are around here, and Memorandum Monday is a good opportunity to remember to hike a different one.
And while I'm at it. . . 
Here's the Memorandum Monday I should/could have posted last weekend.
For the first time ever, I returned something by mail! Henry received two pairs of pants for Christmas - both in the wrong size. In the defense of the present givers, he told us the wrong size. Normally I would have told him to deal with it and wear the too-big pants, but this year I decided to return them. Now, I'm sure many of you do this all the time. But, for me, it was uncharted territory. It was actually pretty easy, and this week I received an email that the replacement pants are on their way!
So, do the rest of you do this often? Or do you just live with things that aren't quite right?

13 comments:

debs14 said...

I'm not very good at returning things!, I always worry they'll go astray in the post and I'll lose my money! Pleased to hear everything is straightforward.

Sian said...

A new walk! How beautiful it looks.

You make a great point. I've never been great at returning things either. I don't order two in different sizes and send one back the way some people do. Partly because the Post Office is miles away, to be honest.

Have a great week Rinda

Anonymous said...

I have to admit that I return things all the time. Glad you sorted the pants out.

Alison said...

I'm not great at returning things.glad it was a pretty painless experience for you! xx

Melissa said...

That is a gorgeous view - how FUN to hike a new trail!

We often return things that aren't quite right & rarely have any trouble with refunds/exchanges!

Cheri said...

I rarely return by mail. I try to shop places where if I order online, I can return to the store. However, Zappos was great with shoe returns!

Karen said...

I have no hesitation about returning items that aren't right, but I try hard to be sure I don't have to do it very often. Beautiful view!

helena said...

Beautiful view. I'm trying to make myself view clothes I order online in the same way I would if I was trying on in the shop - which means returning them more often - all recent experiences have been easy

Julia said...

What a gorgeous hike <and weather!) Rinda. Yes I'm a returner. Don't have much time to shop in real time these days so the Internet is so convenient. Sadly we don't always get it right though with the kids growing all the time!

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

Worth the hike for that wonderful view. Online shopping is a necessary evil when you have a tiny daughter and returns are an almost inevitable part of the process. Not my favourite pastime.

Susanne said...

I do quite a bit of clothes shopping online, so yes, I do return things. I am lucky this Christmas in that I only had to return one, except then last week I finally received something that had been backordered. Naturally it did not fit. So I need to take my one last return to the PO on Monday. It's not hard, but it is the kind of thing one tends to procrastinate on.

Missus Wookie said...

I return things - but am grateful that after I package them up I can ask Ewok to do the dropping off at the post office. :)

Anonymous said...

What a lovely view! I haven't returned many things by mail and dread when I have to return to the States - it's so complicated.